ArtWorks 2 homepage
ArtWorks 2 progress
ArtWorks 2 support
AWViewer download (free ArtWorks viewer)
Gutenprint for RISC OS
- Latest news:
- 25-Apr-12: ArtWorks 2.X2 announced with its new Artistic Lines feature
- 25-Apr-12: See me at the Wakefield Show on Apr 28th 2012
- 09-Feb-12: See me at the South West Show on Feb 25th 2012
- 12-Nov-11: AWViewer/AWRender 2.16 released
- 28-Oct-11: Easi/TechWriter 9.00 with
cross-references and improved ODT import released and available
- 31-Aug-11: InterGif 6.18 released (ARMv7 compatible)
- 19-Apr-11: ArtWorks 2.XI is available for purchase
- 09-Dec-10: PostScript 3 driver 1.17 released.
- 09-Dec-10: Easi/TechWriter 8.92 released.
- 24-Nov-10: Gutenprint 2.41 released.
- 26-Oct-10: Easi/TechWriter 8.90 with .docx import
released and available for purchase.
- 21-Oct-10: See me at the RISC OS London Show
on the 23rd of October.
- 27-Jun-10: Gutenprint 2.4 with support for 50 additional printers released
- 22-Apr-10: ArtWorks 2.X, the successor to ArtWorks 2.9 is available
- 15-Feb-10: See me at the
RISC OS South West
Show near Bristol, 20th February 2010.
- 07-Oct-09: The PostScript 3
driver is available for purchase.
- 05-Oct-09: A brief test revealed ArtWorks 2 and the free ArtWorks viewer to run fine
on the Cortex-A8 based Beagleboard.
- 03-Oct-09: The brand new PostScript 3
printer driver was released at the London RISC OS Show.
- 17-Sep-09: Coming soon: the brand new PostScript 3
- 17-Sep-09: See me at the RISC OS London Show
on October 3rd.
- 01-May-09: ArtWorks 2.9 released and
available for purchase.
- 21-Apr-09: ArtWorks 2.9 to be released at the
- 21-Apr-09: See me at the Wakefield Show on
the 25th of April 2009.
- 29-Jan-09: Gutenprint 2.3 with support for 600 additional printers and CD printing!
- 20-Oct-08: EasiWriter/TechWriter 8.8 with their new Structure view
available for purchase.
- 14-May-08: Meet me at the RISC OS Experience 2008 Show near
Amsterdam on Saturday, 17th of May.
- 29-Apr-08: Pre-release of ArtWorks 2.8 with PDF import
(more details) available
- 11-Apr-08: ArtWorks 2.8 announced featuring PDF import supporting multiple pages, CMYK colours,
clipping and transparency.
- 11-Apr-08: See me at the Wakefield Show on Saturday,
- 20-Jan-08: See me at the RISC OS
South West Show on Saturday, Feb 23rd.
- 05-Dec-07: MW Software has moved. See the contact page for the new
- 10-Aug-07: ArtWorks 2.75 upgrade released (ArtWorks 2.7 users only:
- 05-Jul-07: AWViewer/AWRender 2.10 released with multi-page and full screen support
- 17-May-07: Meet me at the Wakefield Show
on Saturday, the 19th of May and at ROUGOL in
London on Monday, 21st of May.
- 15-May-07: ArtWorks 2.7
(more details) released and available
- 10-May-07: AWRender 2 available as a free
download for everyone. It enables third-party applications to display ArtWorks files with
- 08-May-07: Coming soon: ArtWorks 2.7 with multi-page capabilities! See the
- 09-Mar-07: Gutenprint for RISC OS
- 05-Jan-07: ArtWorks 2.63 upgrade released (ArtWorks 2.6 users only:
- 20-Dec-06: Work on Gutenprint 5 (formerly
Gimp-Print) for RISC OS has started.
- 14-Dec-06: Save up to £30 with our Christmas offer (valid until January 15th).
- 23-Nov-06: See me at the Midlands Show
near Wolverhampton on November 25th.
- 08-Aug-06: GhostScript 8.54 for RISC OS
- 02-Aug-06: ArtWorks 2.62 upgrade released.
- 11-May-06: ArtWorks 2.6
(more details) released and available
- 11-May-06:AWRender 2 released and available
for purchase. It enables third-party applications
to display ArtWorks files with transparency!
- 11-May-06: See me at the Wakefield Show
on May 13th.
- 08-May-06: AWViewer 1.80 released
- 08-May-06: GView 1.52 released.
- 07-Feb-06: GView 1.51 released.
- 06-Feb-06: ArtWorks 2.57 released.
- 06-Feb-06: See me at the RISC OS South West Show, 18th Feb 2006, Webbington Hotel, Loxton,
near Axbridge, North Somerset.
- 31-Dec-05: ArtWorks 2 was voted
Best commercial software of 2005 by Drobe readers.
- 08-Dec-05: ArtWorks 2.55 released.
- 05-Dec-05: See me at the Birmingham (West Bromwich, 14th December) and Manchester
(Stockport, 15th December) events of the RISC OS Roadshow.
- 05-Dec-05: ArtWorks 2.54 released.
- 15-Nov-05: ArtWorks 2.53 released.
- 14-Nov-05: Select/Adjust compatible version of
- 04-Nov-05: ArtWorks 2.52 released.
- 20-Oct-05: ArtWorks 2.5 with Direct PDF Export (more
details) released and available for purchase.
- 17-Oct-05: See me at this week-end's South East
Show in Guildford.
- 02-Sep-05: Direct PDF Export announced for ArtWorks 2.5,
- 10-Aug-05: Do not miss the Crazy Summer Sale!
- 06-Jun-05: AWViewer 1.76 released
- 24-May-05: ArtWorks 2.4 (see the feature list)
available for purchase.
- 21-May-05: ArtWorks 2.4 released at the Wakefield Show 2005!
- 18-May-05: See me at the Wakefield Show 2005,
Saturday/Sunday May 21st/22nd
- 27-Apr-05: XChars 1.24 released.
- 07-Apr-05: First preliminary ArtWorks 2.4
- 24-Feb-05: ArtWorks 2.34 released (Changes;
ArtWorks 2.3 users only: download upgrade).
- 24-Feb-05: See me at the RISC OS South West Show at The Webbington Hotel, Loxton, on
Saturday, 26th of Februrary 2005.
- 18-Jan-05: ArtWorks 2.33 released.
- 31-Dec-04: ArtWorks 2 was voted
Best commercial software of 2004 by Drobe readers.
- 10-Dec-04: New version of Gimp-Print with support for new Epson printers (e.g., R300)
- 29-Nov-04: ArtWorks 2.32 upgrade released.
- 18-Oct-04: ArtWorks 2.3 available for purchase.
- 23-Sep-04: ArtWorks 2.3 announced, featuring graduated transparency and CMYK ink simulation.
See the feature list.
- 27-Jul-04: Graduated transparency with graduation profiles announced for ArtWorks.
- 01-Jun-04: AWViewer 1.74 released.
- 24-May-04: ArtWorks 2.22 released.
- 12-May-04: ArtWorks 2.2 with support for dynamic clipping released!
- 12-May-04: AWViewer 1.72 with
ClipView support released
- 10-May-04: See me at the Wakefield Show, 15/16 May
- 21-Apr-04: GView 1.41 released.
- 31-Mar-04: ArtWorks 2.2 will support dynamic clipping!
- 04-Feb-04: Gimp-Print for RISC OS released to
supporters of the project.
- 22-Jan-04: Gimp-Print for RISC OS coding
completed. The beta test has started.
- 16-Jan-04: The Christmas offer has ended.
- 15-Dec-03: Stunning ArtWorks 2 Christmas offer
- 18-Nov-03: First successful test print with
Gimp-Print for RISC OS to an
Epson Stylus C84 at 1440dpi.
- 24-Oct-03: ROUGPS development started.
- 16-Oct-03: ArtWorks 2.10 released (features).
- 14-Oct-03: ArtWorks 2.09 released.
- 11-Oct-03: See me at the South East Show
at Guildford College on the 18th of October.
- 04-Sep-03: ArtWorks 2.07 released.
- 29-Aug-03: Announcing ROUGPS: Photo-real printer
drivers for current inkjet printers.
- 21-Jul-03: ArtWorks 2.06 released.
- 19-May-03: Credit card ordering available for
ArtWorks 2 via Co-Comp
- 13-May-03: Credit card ordering available for
- 10-May-03: ArtWorks 2 released at the
- 08-May-03: ArtWorks 2 CD duplication
- 07-May-03: ArtWorks 2 coding
- 22-Apr-03: See me at the Wakefield Show
- 22-Apr-03: Discussion of ArtWorks 2
feature suggestions on the ArtWorks
- 07-Apr-03: ArtWorks 2 on the Iyonix renders the AP June 2002 cover (as shown on the left) more
than FIVE times faster than a StrongARM RiscPC+ViewFinder and more
than 3 times faster than ArtWorks 1.7 run on the Iyonix under Aemulor 2.10. You can find some
details and a clarification here.
- 25-Mar-03: First successful test run of the 32-bit ArtWorks on the Iyonix. More details
on the ArtWorks 2 page.
- 11-Mar-03: First fully functional ArtWorks kernel built from ArtWorks source code.
- 04-Mar-03: Polygon 2 released.
- 03-Mar-03: SVGExport module released.
- 14-Feb-03: SVGExport beta test started.
- 05-Feb-03: XChars 1.20 with encodings support
- 16-Jan-03: Download AWRender
Plus with support for deep sprites and text areas.
- 08-Jan-03: 32-bit safe versions of
- 23-Dec-02: 32-bit safe version of the
ArtWorks Viewer released. On an
Iyonix, it renders 2 to 2.5 times faster than on a StrongARM RiscPC! It
incorporates all features of AWRender Plus, so it supports
deep sprites and text areas.
- 20-Dec-02: The release candidate of the 32-bit version of the ArtWorks Viewer,
is in its final beta test. It renders ArtWorks files 2 to 2.5 times faster than on a StrongARM
RiscPC! It incorporates all features of AWRender Plus, so amongst other things, it supports
deep sprites and text areas. Expected release is before Christmas.
- 11-Dec-02: ArtWorks 32-bit roadmap added.
- 06-Dec-02: The first 32-bit beta version of AWViewer, the ArtWorks Viewer utility has been
successfully tested on an Iyonix. It renders ArtWorks files 2 to 2.5 times faster than
on a StrongARM RiscPC!
- 06-Dec-02: Support tools for 32-bit conversion of
ARM code updated.
- 27-Nov-02: RasMol 1.40b and XChars 1.10 released (both 32-bit compatible)
- 21-Nov-02: MW Software secures licence for the full ArtWorks project from its original
developer, Computer Concepts Ltd.
- 20-Nov-02: See me at the Midlands
RISC OS Show 2002 on Saturday, 30th November.
- 14-Nov-02: Support tools for 32-bit conversion of
ARM code released.
- 13-Nov-02: The GDraw and DitherExtend modules, the main rendering engine of ArtWorks,
have been successfully converted to 32-bit.
- 13-Nov-02: New: Release of 32BitLib macros
for the BASIC assembler.
- 18-Oct-02: 32-bit versions of ArtWorks components under development.
- 25-Sep-02: Major new release of GView
- now fully multitasking while processing pages.
- 19-Aug-02: Currently in beta test: AWRender module with support for deep sprites (32k and 16M
colours), replicates and text areas!
- 12-Sep-02: See me at the RISC OS SE Show
- 12-Sep-02: Coming soon: SVG export from ArtWorks.
- 25-Aug-02: Normal service resumed after holidays.
- 15-Aug-02: Due to holidays, no orders will be processed until the 25th of August.
- 14-Aug-02: Currently in beta test: AWRender module with support for deep sprites (32k and 16M
- 25-Jul-02: New: Render ArtWorks files with up to 128 levels of anti-aliasing. Download the
free AWSwitch utility.
- 23-Jul-02: Cool new ArtWorks tool sprites by Rogier Hartgring, check the
- 24-Jun-02: Many thanks to the Big Ben Club for
the excellent organisation of the RISC OS Expo 2002 Show in Nieuwegein on the 22nd of June.
- 19-Jun-02: Minor new feature added to native file loading. Check the
- 13-Jun-02: First ViewFinder speed-ups in ArtWorks: Blank page
rendering is accelerated. Download the latest
- 10-Jun-02: BMExport now offers a TIFF export option.
- 28-May-02: World-wide online ordering available for
the Full Set Collection as well (single user and site licences).
- 02-May-02: World-wide online ordering available for
TextArea and Crystal.
- 02-Apr-02: Crystal is here! Finally, there
is transparency in ArtWorks!
- 02-Apr-02: Order my products online with your credit card from my new online sales
partner Co-Comp. Check the
payment page for more details.
- 30-Mar-02: The Full Set Collection now includes Crystal.
Buy the full set of 19 modules
for only £90 (save £120!).
- 26-Feb-02: More Crystal screenshots.
- 14-Mar-02: More ArtWorks kernel bug fixes - download AWFixMod, the ArtWorks bug-fix module.
- 26-Feb-02: More bug fixes - masked deep sprite rendering fix for ArtWorks and Impression.
GSpriteExtend module is included in
- 11-Feb-02: New releases: See the ArtWorks modules
- 01-Feb-02: Finally, MW Software has decided to take control over the ArtWorks kernel (the main ArtWorks
application), too, in addition to providing plug-in modules. This means that more bugs can be fixed and
more general enhancements can be added.
- 26-Jan-02: See me at the Wakefield 2002 Show
(Sat/Sun 18th & 19th May 2002)!
See the News archive for older news items.